I recently had the chance to ask Starlit’s frontwoman, Simara Rose, a few questions. She was more than happy to oblige. She has such a positive message, as posted on her myspace page, as well as powerful lyrics and rocking riffs.
The music of Starlit is something that I greatly enjoy and with good reason. She is a true entertainer and loves what she does.
On to the interview:
1. Where does your inspiration come from in the music that you make?
Simara included this image to sum up her influences:
2. What inspires the way you express yourself through your outer appearance?
Clothes are important and at the same time, can hold little value in that they are a way to express yourself and in some ways paticular ways of dress and style are art. But clothes and appearance in general don’t say whether someone is a good person or not.
3. What message is most important in your music?
4. If you could be doing anything else other than performing, what would it be?
Nothing, it’s all I want to do. But it branches off into other areas like set design and video ideas.
5. If you could record a song with a male vocalist, who would you want that to be? Why?
David Bowie, of course. Him and Billy Holiday are my favorites, he is innovative and revolutionary.
A big heartfelt thank you to Simara Rose, sparkling and sweet singer for Starlit, for taking the time to answer some questions.
Interview: Starlit’s Simara Rose was last modified: July 1st, 2015 by