In news that shocks absolutely no one, British socialite Peaches Geldof passed away from a heroin overdose. A London newspaper said that the news would be officially revealed at an inquest on Thursday. TMZ reports:
Geldof — daughter of British rocker Bob Geldof — was found dead in her Kent home April 7. Authorities called it a “non-suspicious, unexplained sudden death” … but an autopsy proved inconclusive because the coroner didn’t have the results of the toxicology tests.
The Times of London reports the tox report will show she died from an overdose of heroin. Geldof’s mother, Paula Yates, died from an accidental heroin overdose in 2000.
The Times’ report angered a Kent city official … who told TMZ the toxicology results were supposed to be confidential until tomorrow’s inquest, saying “if I find out who leaked it I will cut their balls off.”
It’s such a shame when a young person passes away and it’s even worse when they die of such needless things. We hope that her children will be able to get through their lives with the support and therapy needed in order to deal with this properly. It appears to be a cycle that started with Peaches’ mother and moved down the line. Let’s hope that Peaches’ children don’t follow in their mother’s footsteps.
Peaches left behind two sons and a husband named Thomas Cohen. After her passing, he said in a statement, “My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons. I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday. We shall love her forever.”
May she rest in peace now that friends and family are aware of her cause of death. We have to admit, we did not see her untimely passing coming. It’s sad, really. RIP.