Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park. Attention Visitors вЂ“ Essential Notice!
Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park hosts Western Thatch Ants. These ants are very active so please respect these natural insects and avoid any unnecessary disruption of their homes, which are in the form of mounds at this time of the year. Please keep all meals sealed and stored away if not being used, and make use of garbage and recycling bins to dump waste. These actions can help avoid any undesired connection with these small animals.
Dogs aren’t allowed on coastline areas.
Pets/domestic pets must certanly be for a leash and in check all times.
you might be in charge of their behavior and must dump their excrement. Animals aren’t allowed into the day-use beach areas for the park. Animals are permitted regarding the coastline next to the campground between might 1 and 14, however they must be on a leash february. Please observe posted signs (see park map).
Relating To This Park
Majestic old-growth trees, gorgeous ocean sunsets plus an inviting, wide sandy coastline with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir woods makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville one of many leading getaway locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes nearly a kilometre, supplying a perfect spot for site visitors of all of the many years to relax and play within the sand and explore the shoreline. Once the tide rolls in on the sun-baked sand, the warmed water is unbeatable for swimming and sodium water enjoyable.
Rathtrevor Beach is fantastic for a family outing that is relaxed. Just stay straight back and immerse the seaside atmosphere up or take a stroll through the wooded upland area regarding the park. All campsites are within a 5-minute stroll to the two km stretch of sandy coastline. The park additionally features a sizable day-use area, ideal for a day picnic.
Bird watching can also be a favorite task in the park, especially in the springtime whenever more and more seabirds congregate for the herring spawn that is annual.
During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach can also be among the best spots in the Island to see the brant geese that is migrating.
Know Prior To Going
- This will be a extremely popular park all year-round. Through the summertime (involving the week that is last of and Labour Day in September), reservations are expected. From May 15th to the the other day of June, reservations are strongly suggested. Although reservations are needed into the summer period, unclaimed or unreserved web sites may be around on every night to evening foundation. Please seek advice from the park operator.
- Alternate camping area might be accessible at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 kilometer) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). Both these areas additionally accept reservations.
- This park doesn’t have a ship launch. The closest launch are at French Creek Marina, 8 kilometer north regarding the park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, team campsite and group picnic shelter reservations needs to be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations aren’t available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted as of this park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there are not any first-come, first-served web web web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the team campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Take note: Any maps listed are for information just; they could maybe maybe not express boundaries that are legal shouldn’t be useful for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 kilometer south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on main Vancouver Island. Just just Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and follow signs to the park. The closest communities are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps detailed are for information just; they might maybe not express boundaries that are legal shouldn’t be useful for navigation.
Culture and nature
- History: Rathtrevor got its title through the Irish family members who homesteaded on this land. William Rath, a silver prospector, arrived in 1886 together with his young spouse and child child. A log was built by them cabin, cleared the land, plus in 1895 they built the barn. William passed away in 1903, making Elizabeth the farm and five kiddies. She became a person that is industrious effectively operating the farm and in the end running it as being a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ had been included with provide the campground an even more name that is lyrical. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and although much changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its beauty and value will undoubtedly be preserved for the continued satisfaction.
- Wildlife: a few types of wildlife is seen into the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and shore that is many migratory wild wild birds which use the park area in their springtime and autumn migrations. The absolute most famous migratory coast birds will be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) whom utilize the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas during their springtime migration to northern Canada and Alaska.
- Management Preparing Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange PDF 1.96MBDisclaimer:This is maybe maybe not the original management preparation product. This document happens to be scanned through the initial format for the plan. It might probably contain some formatting modifications, though the content is in line with the first.
Activities Offered At this Park
Animals on Leash
Facilities Offered At this Park
Drinking Tap Water
You will find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are find a foreign wife positioned off Rath path simply through the management building, before the day-use is reached by you parking lots.
These sites are located in a available industry, with picnic tables, fire rings, flush toilets/change building and a brand new clean place with fresh water.
Group web web Sites 5 & 6 can be found later on from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 into the old parking area 4 area. Group campsites are open from might 12 to October 15. Reservation information В»
Youth team camping costs per evening are $1/person (6+), having a $50 minimum and $150 optimum. Browse the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping costs per are the bottom price for the site, that is $120.00/group evening site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimum cost for 15 adults), plus $1/child (6-15). Kiddies under 6 are free!
This park has a sizable area that is day-use/picnic the coastline and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking tracks as well as an adventure play ground. Reservation information В»