In case you haven’t heard, Rosie O’Donnell is making her official comeback to television! As a part of Oprah Winfrey’s OWN, Rosie will be talking to celebrities, taking part in games and talking to some uber fans of pop culture, television shows and musical artists. What’s not to love?
Without further ado, I give you the top ten reasons why I’ll be tuning into OWN to watch Rosie’s new show.
1. With Rosie, you know that you’re going to get the good, fun stuff. She doesn’t give you extra fluff that you’re not interested in. She’s a straight shooter and isn’t afraid to give you her opinion.
2. Her guests! She has already taken reservations for fans of Josh Kelley, Molly Shannon and Roseanne Cash. She is also interested in your feedback as to who you would like to see on the show. Got a guest idea? There’s a contact form for that.
3. Are you a fan of games? How about TV game shows? Do you have useless trivia in your head that you can spout off in a moment’s notice? She wants to hear from you, too. This makes me curious, as I love gaming — anything from Fallout 3 to Lingo on Facebook and watching Jeopardy on television. What’s your favorite? She wants to know.
4. Realism. As I’ve stated in reason #1, Rosie has a natural talent for talking real to people because she obviously knows her audience.
5. She’s listening to you. If you’ve got a great idea for a show, then. She wants to know what you think would make a good topic of conversation for the show. She’s even got spots if you want to be on the show…how cool is that?
6. Rosie’s new show is Oprah approved, so you know it’s going to be good. Are you missing your daily fix of Oprah Winfrey? She has created shows like The Rosie Show for people like us. She’s giving real people a voice and the chance to be heard.
7. Humor. Rosie is a funny woman. Don’t believe me? Check out her video, introducing the show. It’s not Kathy Bates nor Roseanne Barr, because apparently, she’s been mistaken for both. She’s a comedian, talking about real issues that real people care about.
8. This show is for all of us. Sure, Rosie will be featuring guest appearances by the usual celebrity fanfare, but she is making this show for her viewers.
9. She’s a veteran in the world of television. You don’t think this is Rosie’s first foray into television, do you? In the past, she’s had her own talk show before, running from 1996 to 2002. She was great then and she’ll be fun to watch again.
10. What else are you going to watch at 7pm? The news?!? Why not inject your day with some fun, laughter and awesome guests? I’ll be tuning in!
Check out the trailer for her show, below:
Watch The Rosie Show Weeknights at 7/6c Premiering Monday October 10th only on OWN. To find OWN on your TV, visit.
Disclosure: I have received compensation for my participation in this campaign, however, all of the opinions in this post are my own.