American Idol Poll: Phillip Phillips Or Jessica Sanchez To Win The Idol Crown?

American Idol Poll: Phillip Phillips Or Jessica Sanchez To Win The Idol Crown?

If you’ve been watching season eleven of “American Idol”, then you know that it’s really been a tough race between Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips. Last night’s performance finale of the show was no different. If you’ve missed the show, you can read our fully detailed recap here.

For the first round, Jessica and Phillip performed Simon Fuller’s choice for them. For Jessica, he wanted her to sing Whitney Houston’s song, “I Have Nothing”. For Phillip, Simon chose “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King. The judges credited Jessica for her vocal prowess for the round. We begged to differ and even more so after having listened to the studio version of Phillip’s cover.

For the second round, the contestants took on their favorite performance from the season. Jessica chose to go with “The Prayer” by Celine Dion, while Phillip chose “Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)” by Billy Joel. Both performed well, but again, the judges gave the round to Jessica.

For their final performance of the evening, both competitors belted out their winning coronation song, which would be their first single should they win the competition. Jessica performed a song called “Change Nothing”, but Phillip’s performance of his new song, “Home” really drew applause from the audience along with a standing ovation from the judges.

Overall, it’s up to America’s votes as to who wins this season of the show. Take our poll (pop-up poll at the bottom of the site Update: Poll closed and the winner has been crowned.) and leave us a comment to let us know which performance really stole the show for you! We’ll be recapping the season finale results tonight, as always, so stay tuned for the live recap.

As of 6:05AM Wednesday, Jessica Sanchez is leading the votes with 52 percent, leaving Phillip Phillips with 48 percent. It’s a close race to the grand finale tonight!

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on TumblrEmail this to someone