Cory Monteith’s Cause Of Death: Heroin And Champagne

Cory Monteith's Cause Of Death: Heroin And Champagne

Former Glee actor Cory Monteith was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room shortly after noon on July 13th. It’s such a shame that he has passed away at such a young age. According to the final Coroner’s report, the actor passed away as the result of chugging champagne and shooting heroin.

Emergency responders found drug paraphernalia “including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle” in the room, plus two empty bottles of champagne. Cory returned to his suite just after 2am on July 13th and there was no evidence he was joined by anyone else during his final hours.

The final report, released on Wednesday, confirms that the actor “had a history of illicit drug use with intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs.”

Experts fear his abstinence from drug use following a stint in rehab in April may have lessened his tolerance, leading to the overdose that cost him his life. The actor will be remembered on a special episode of Glee, which is set to air next week in the U.S.

May he rest in peace.

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on TumblrEmail this to someone