Reality star Kim Kardashian is mourning the loss of her adorable, beloved cat Mercy. Poor thing probably died from overexposure to famewhores. We kid, we kid.
Kim got the sweet kitty, but then had to give it away because she didn’t realize that she was allergic to cats. Prior to that, she basically used the feline for a prop in her Instagram shots. On Friday, the reality star took to her official website to announce the sad news.
She said on her blog, “It is with deep sadness that I have to tell you all that my kitten, Mercy, has passed away. My heart is completely broken. I had fallen SO in love with Mercy that I wanted to try everything I could to keep her, but I didn’t think it was safe to resort to injections, and it wasn’t fair on Mercy, because I couldn’t play with her or give her as much attention as I wanted to. Mercy deserved a mom who could really give her the time and affection she deserved.”
She ended up giving the cat to Khloe’s assistant Sydney, who had just lost her cat. After that, Mercy came down sick with a “stomach problem that they were not aware of” and shortly thereafter, passed away. Kim added, “It broke not only my heart that little Mercy died at only four months old, but Sydney’s too. Mercy was a gentle and loving kitten and we are all going to miss her so much.”